Technologies have had an undeniable impact on improving living standards, connecting us together, and increasing productivity. With the right policies and institutional arrangements, governments can ensure that the benefits of artificial intelligence are shared broadly. This one-hour webinar will introduce and ignite a dialogue on this year’s Government AI Readiness Index and its implications on various regions. The dialogue will draw on the knowledge of leading regional experts who penned this report.
- Hannah Miller, Report Lead Author from Oxford Insights, UK
- Isaac Rutenberg, Director of the Centre for Intellectual Property and Information Technology Law (CIPIT), Kenya
- Fabrizio Scrollini, Executive Director of the Latin American Open Data Initiative, Uruguay
- Alex Comninos, AI4D Policy & Regulation Focal Point, Research ICT Africa, South Africa
This webinar was moderated by Robert Muthuri, AI4D Policy & Regulation Focal Point, Centre for Intellectual Property and Information Technology, Kenya
If you wish to rewatch or missed the sold-out free webinar session, see below clip (Listen to it as a podcast):
- Wednesday, May 15, 2019, from 16h-17h PM Nairobi Time | 14h-15h PM London | 9h-10h AM ET – Ottawa Time
- This webinar will be hosted on Webex
- RELATED: Link to the Government AI Readiness Report 2019
- RELATED: Launch of the 2019 Government AI Readiness Index
- RELATED: A roadmap for artificial intelligence for development in Africa
The 2019 Government AI Readiness Index was produced by Oxford Insights with support from the International Development Research Centre (IDRC).